This project is a cost control system. This is a web-based application project developed with PHP, CodeIgniter, and a MySQL database. The main purpose of this web application is to provide an online platform for managing personal expenses. This application can be used by individuals, businesses or anywhere individuals need to track their expenses. The application is developed with a comfortable user interface using the customized Purple Admin Dashboard template. Consists of user-friendly features and functions to provide end-users with a better experience while using the application.
About the Expense Management System
This project was developed with the following:
- CodeIgniter 3.1.13
- MySQL Database
- Purple Admin Dashboard Template
This expense management system application can only be accessed by admin users. An admin user must be logged in with system credentials to access application functionality. This application stores a list of multiple recipients that can be managed by an administrator and contains some relevant information about that person. This application allows system users to add entry records for each recipient, both for outgoing and incoming data. Recipient reports and expense reports are well organized here. System users can easily view a detailed record of each recipient and see a summary and details of documents received and published.
The source code for this CodeIgniter project can also be used as a reference for new programmers and students planning to develop this project for their graduation project. This application has several features and functions.
- Dashboard Page
- Display Summary.
- Recipient Management
- Add New Recipient
- List All Recipients
- Delete Recipient
- Receiving Management
- Add New Receiving
- List All Receivings
- Edit Receiving
- Delete Receiving
- Expenses Management
- Add New Expenses
- List All Expenses
- Edit Expenses
- Delete Expenses
- Browse the Detailed Report
- Generate Date-wise Report
- Login and Logout
How to Run ??
- Download and Install any local web server such as XAMPP.
- Download the provided source code zip file. (download button is located below)
- Open your XAMPP Control Panel and start Apache and MySQL.
- Extract the downloaded source code zip file.
- Copy the extracted source code folder and paste it into the XAMPP’s “htdocs” directory.
- Browse the PHPMyAdmin in a browser. i.e. http://localhost/phpmyadmin
- Create a new database naming ems_db.
- Import the provided SQL file. The file is known as ems_db.sql located inside the database folder.
- Browse the Expense Management System in a browser. i.e. http://localhost/ci_ems/.
Admin Default Access:
that’s it. You can explore the functionality of this expense management system in PHP using the CodeIgniter framework.