The project is titled Online Thesis Archiving System and was developed using PHP and a MySQL database. This is a web-based application that provides an online platform for saving students’ final papers or final projects. The main purpose of this application is to provide online access to a student at a particular college to store her 4th-year projects so that the 4th-year student can find reference materials and ideas for her future or next senior year project. to be found. The system is written in PHP/OOP (Object Oriented Programming) and has some features and functions associated with this type of system. It has user-friendly features and a comfortable user interface with Bootstrap Framework and AdminLTE Template.
About the Online Thesis Archiving System
I developed this project using the following:
- XAMPP v3.3.0 as my local webserver that has a PHP Version 8.0.7
- PHP Language
- MySQL Database
- and some other plugins/libraries.
This thesis online archive system consists of two modules, the administration module, and the student module.
The administration module is the part of the system that allows school administrators to manage system information and important lists within the system. This module can be accessed by her two types of user her roles: the admin user and the staff user. Admin users have full access to all features of the system administration panel, including the list of staff her users. Staff users have limited access to system pages. You can manage only projects submitted by students and manage the list of enrolled students. A student module is an aspect of the system that allows students to explore, find references, read the contents of the archive, etc. Students can easily register their system credentials. After registering her account in the system, the administrator will verify her account, and if the administrator successfully verifies the student’s account, the student can submit a project, but it must be approved by the administrator. You can also update submitted projects. You can also list the projects you have submitted, whether or not they are publicly available. The system also has some features that help end users use the system and provide a better experience. The project list has pagination and search functions.
- Secure Login and Logout
- Manage Department List (CRUD)
- Manage Course/Curriculum List (CRUD)
- Manage Archives
- List All Projects Submitted by the students
- View the project details
- Publish the project to the Public
- Unpublish the project to the Public
- Delete Client
- Manage Student Accounts
- List Student Accounts
- View Student Details
- Verify Student System Account
- Delete Student Account
- Manage Users list (CRUD)
- Manage Account Details/Credentials
- Manage System Information
- Secure Login and Registration
- Home Page (displays the website’s welcome message)
- Submit Thesis/Capstone Project
- Project List
- List All Published Projects
- List All Published Projects Per Department
- List All Published Projects Per Curriculum
- The list has a pagination feature
- Published Project View Page
- Edit Project Details (if the logged-in user is the one who submits)
- Delete Project (if the logged-in user is the one who submits)
- Display the Student System Information
- Update Student Details/Credentials
- List/Manage Submitted Projects
- Search Project
- Update Account Information/Credentials
How to Run ??
- Download and Install any local web server such as XAMPP/WAMP.
- Download the provided source code zip file. (download button is located below)
- Open your XAMPP/WAMP’s Control Panel and start Apache and MySQL.
- Extract the downloaded source code zip file.
- If you are using XAMPP, copy the extracted source code folder and paste it into the XAMPP’s “htdocs” directory. And If you are using WAMP, paste it into the “www” directory.
- Browse the PHPMyAdmin in a browser. i.e. http://localhost/phpmyadmin
- Create a new database naming otas_db.
- Import the provided SQL file. The file is known as otas_db.sql located inside the database folder.
- Browse the Online Thesis Archiving System in a browser. i.e. http://localhost/otas/
Default Admin Access Information
I’m done now. Now that PHP is available, you can examine the features and capabilities of this online article archive system. I sincerely hope you find what you’re looking for in this project and that you can learn something that will help you in the future.
Free tutorials and source code are available on this website.