A Point Sale System is a straightforward project. This project is a web application built using PHP, the CodeIgniter 4 framework, and a MySQL database. The major objective of this project is to offer an online and automated POS (Point of Sale) platform for a particular shop or company. This makes it simple for the Shop to save, maintain, and retrieve its daily transaction records. With the aid of the Bootstrap 5 Framework, it offers a lovely user interface that improves the end-user experience. It has capabilities and features that are user-friendly.
More About the Point of Sale System
This project was developed using the following:
- PHP version >= 8
- MySQL Database
- CodeIgniter 4 Framework
- Bootstrap Framework
This POS system project can only be accessed from the POS system. Administrators must log in with valid system credentials to access system functionality. Users can manage the list of products available in the store. You can add new products to the system, and edit and delete products. The system allows users to keep records of customer transactions. When creating a new transaction, users can easily list all the items or products that the customer would like to purchase. The system automatically calculates the total amount a customer will pay each time a user adds a new item, changes the quantity of an item, or removes an item from the list. The system will prevent the user from saving a transaction unless he has at least one product or item listed. It also stops the process if the amount passed is invalid or less than the total amount of the transaction. All transactions are listed on the ‘transaction page where the user can clear and view transaction details.
- Home Page
- Product Management
- Add New Product
- List All Products
- Edit Product Details
- Delete Product
- Transaction Management
- Add New Transaction
- List All Transactions
- View Transaction Details
- Delete Transaction
- Users Management
- Add New Users
- List All Users
- Update User Credential
- Delete Users
- Update Account Details/Credentials
How to Run ??
- Download and Install any local web server such as XAMPP.
- Download the provided source code zip file. (download button is located below)
- Open your XAMPP Control Panel and start Apache and MySQL.
- Extract the downloaded source code zip file.
- Copy the extracted source code folder and paste it into the XAMPP’s “htdocs” directory.
- Browse the PHPMyAdmin in a browser. i.e. http://localhost/phpmyadmin
- Create a new database naming pos_db.
- Import the provided SQL file. The file is known as pos_db.sql located inside the database folder.
- Browse the Point of Sale System in a browser. i.e. http://localhost/ci4_pos.